Skip to content

LATEST: Fire Contained In Kent County

A forest fire in Kent County, southwest of Bouctouche, has been contained according to the Department of Natural Resources.

Late Thursday night, DNR spokesperson Nick Brown said the water bombers finished their task and the air tanker from Newfoundland headed back.

Brown said crews managed to keep the fire contained to the area it originated from.

At one point, the fire was estimated at 30 hectares in size.

Crews and equipment will return in the morning to complete containment and begin a clean up.

Brown added the cause of the fire is under investigation.

Earlier in the evening, Brown said no houses were directly threatened.

RCMP issued an advisory asking drivers to avoid the area.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
10:57 am, May 18, 2026
weather icon 15°C
L: 14° H: 16°
few clouds

What’s Trending