Skip to content

Missing Québec Toddler Found, Alleged Kidnapper Arrested

Police in Québec say a toddler who was the subject of a days-long AMBER Alert has been located unharmed and his alleged kidnapper is in custody.

The Sûreté du Québec said a 36-year-old man was taken into custody around noon Sunday at a home in Sainte-Paule, Québec.

The three-year-old boy who was also in the home was returned to his mother, according to the Québec police force.

Police said late Saturday that the child and the suspect had been located in Sainte-Paule, where the boy was last seen on Tuesday.

“For the moment, we will not communicate further so as not to interfere with the current operation,” the police force said in a tweet Saturday evening.

Several media outlets reported Sunday morning that officers were still negotiating with the suspect.

At one point during the search, the AMBER Alert applied to all of Québec and New Brunswick.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
7:55 am, May 19, 2026
weather icon 11°C
L: 10° H: 12°
broken clouds

What’s Trending