Skip to content

Vitalité Says Limit ER Visits At Two Hospitals

Due to a lack of medical staff this weekend, the Vitalité Health Network is asking the public to limit their visits to the emergency department at the Stella-Maris-de-Kent Hospital.

The temporary measure is in effect between 8 p.m. on Friday, September 3 and 8 a.m. on Saturday, September 4.

The same measure is also in place for the ER at Hôtel-Dieu Saint-Joseph de Saint-Quentin for a 24-hour period starting at 8 a.m. on Sunday, September 5.

The Saint-Quentin facility is also dealing with a COVID-19 outbreak after Public Health confirmed two positive cases but officials say the risk to the public is considered low.

Vitalité says the emergency departments of the two hospitals will be available for those who need urgent care and want to see a doctor.

However if a case is not considered urgent, people are being asked to consider other options such as visiting a family doctor or nurse practitioner, consulting a pharmacist, visit a walk-in clinic or call Tele-Care (811).

Ambulances heading to these two hospitals will be redirected to another facility during these periods.

Meantime, Vitalité says visits are now permitted again in the geriatric unit (3E) at the Dumont Hospital in Moncton.

Visits had been suspended since August 21 due to a possible exposure to the COVID-19 virus.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
6:18 am, May 19, 2026
weather icon 10°C
L: 10° H: 11°
overcast clouds

What’s Trending