A jury has convicted a Saint John man of two counts of first-degree murder in the death of two boys.
Multiple media reports state the verdict against Roman Kamyshnyy was returned around 10:30 a.m. today.
Kamyshnyy was charged after Saint John police found the bodies of a 17-year-old and a 10-year-old in a Millidgeville apartment in January 2025.
The victims had been stabbed multiple times in the front and back.
The victims’ identities are protected by a publication ban, but a judge previously ruled media could report it’s a case of alleged domestic violence.
In a press conference Wednesday, Saint John Police Force spokesperson Staff Sgt. Shawna Fowler said the department acknowledged the verdict marks “a significant moment in a deeply distressing and tragic case.”
“This outcome reflects the strength of evidence presented, and the diligence of all those who worked tirelessly, to ensure that justice was pursued with integrity and professionalism,” she said.

Fowler added that while verdict can’t undo the harm that was done, she said accountability is an important step in recognizing the harm and “supporting the path towards healing.”
“Our thoughts remain with the victim’s family and friends as they continue to navigate an unimaginable grief,” she said.
Kamyshnyy will be sentenced Aug. 13 at 11 a.m.
This will allow time for victim impact statements to be prepared.
Fowler added the department would like to remind the public that until that process is complete, is important to continue to respect the integrity of court proceedings.
The defence did not request a pre-sentence report.
First-degree murder carries an automatic life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years.
With files from Katherine Del Salto


