Skip to content

Poppy Campaign Officially Underway

The annual Poppy Campaign launches across Canada today with all the money raised supporting the nation’s veterans.

The Royal Canadian Legion is hoping this year’s campaign is better than last year with donations down significantly in 2020 due to the pandemic.

Moncton Branch 6 president Bob Dupuis says quite a few volunteers have come forward this year and he believes many people are now more comfortable being in public.

Poppy donation boxes will be set up at various locations throughout the area.

The campaign runs until Remembrance Day which will also be different again this year.

Dupuis says a ceremony will be held at the Moncton Coliseum on November 11th but it will be limited to 100 spectators.

He adds seats are still available and those who want a seat should contact Branch 6 to reserve one.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
6:17 am, May 20, 2026
weather icon 13°C
L: 13° H: 13°
overcast clouds

What’s Trending