Skip to content

Part of Hwy 2 reopens after crash near Sackville

Highway 2 westbound near Sackville has reopened after a crash, according to the RCMP.

Police said in a social media update the collision happened near the Sackville and Middle Sackville area, close to Exit 495.

The highway was closed early Thursday morning and police asked drivers to plan for delays while crews were on scene.

They also advised transport truck drivers to detour by taking Highway 16 to Highway 15 during the closure.

Information passed to our newsroom indicated the turnaround point had been at Walker Road, where drivers were redirected back toward Sackville.

Motorists had been detoured through Memramcook to get around the shutdown.

The RCMP said Route 2 reopened shortly after 11:24 a.m. No details have been released about injuries.

Author

  • Alex Allan is an award-winning multimedia journalist and graduate of Fanshawe College's Journalism Broadcasting and Digital Communication Management programs. He is based in Saint John and covers stories across New Brunswick. Contact Alex at allana@radioabl.ca.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

What’s Trending