Skip to content

No injuries in Leeside Drive fire

A residence on Leeside sustained substantial damage after a fire Thursday afternoon.

Fortunately, no one was injured.

Acting Platoon Chief Scott Brown of the Moncton Fire Department said the call came in just after 1:30 p.m., reporting smoke showing.

Brown said when crews arrived, there were flames on the back side of the house.

He said the owners were home at the time, but had already gotten out by the time crews arrived.

Brown said 19 firefighters and five vehicles responded.

He said the fire was quickly knocked down and crews were able to clear the scene after a little over an hour.

He said the cause of the fire is under investigation.

Author

  • Bryan Tait is an award-winning journalist based in New Brunswick. He’s a 2008 graduate of St. Thomas University’s journalism program, and a 2021 graduate of the University of New Brunswick’s law program. Contact Bryan at taitb@radioabl.ca.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
10:25 am, May 20, 2026
weather icon 16°C
L: 16° H: 16°
light rain

What’s Trending