Skip to content

Harvest House Atlantic On Track To Open Women’s Drug Rehabilitation Program In Moncton In July

Things are on track to open a women’s rehabilitation centre in Moncton.

This is a program that will be provided by Harvest House Atlantic..

Founder and Executive Director Cal Maskery says this is a program that will be similar to their men’s addiction program. It is a nine month, twelve step program, and it includes life skills training, “The plan is to open up on July 1st, which is our target date. Quite a bit of funding has come in so far. Our goal is to have a ten bed facility on High Street.”

Once the women complete the program, Maskery says in the last three months of the program, the women can start looking for work and can stay in the house for accountability.

Maskery adds, “Currently the women who come to Harvest House, who require addiction services, are sent to other programs in the area. But there are often waiting lists, and in his experience, if a person has come forward and is asking for help, you need to be ready. If they are forced to wait, they usually slip back into the addiction.”

Unfortunately, Maskery believes says it won’t be too long before this new 10 bed facility will also be full, which means more waiting lists.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
9:33 pm, May 22, 2026
weather icon 8°C
L: 7° H: 9°
few clouds

What’s Trending