Skip to content

Committee To Analyse Proposals For Former Moncton High School

The City and Province will be working together to decide what’s to be done with the former Moncton High School.

Moncton City Council approved a joint city and province committee be created to analyse proposals for the site.

City Manager Jacques Dube explains the goal of the committee.

“We intend to have that group work with the various proponents putting together a bankable business case that Council and the province could support ultimately, so that’s the plan,” says Dube.

Dube says the committee will evaluate each proposal, and determine how much funding is needed and where it will come from.

“We will evaluate the various options, we’ll look at an action plan and information requirements for each option, determine the budget and then go back to our respective governing bodies to seek funding for that,” says Dube.

He hopes they get this analysis done by the end of this year.

“The governing bodies are going to make decisions and the renovations of whatever’s going to happen there commence next year, to be completed likely in 2018,” says Dube. “That’s sort of what I personally had in mind in terms of the timeline, I think it’ll take all of that time before you get a finished product.”

So far, there have been three proposals, one from group MH35 who wish to turn MHS into a cultural centre, and a second one from Uhaul.

Details are scarce on the third proposal.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
10:02 am, May 22, 2026
weather icon 8°C
L: 8° H: 10°
few clouds

What’s Trending