Dieppe Fire battled another brush fire Tuesday night, the third in less than a week.
District Chief Marc Cormier says the fire started at around 8pm on the walking trail, just behind Matthieu Martin High School.
There were 16 firefighters on scene, and it took around two hours to get the two acre fire fully extinguished.
He says it is unusual to have this many brush fires in Dieppe at this time of year, so the fires are considered to be suspicious, “If we had lightning strikes, or if we had people working in the area, it would be understandable that there are fires. It would be called an accident and of natural cause, but it is unusual to have six incidents of brush fires in Dieppe since Labour Day.”
Dieppe Fire battled a brush fire on Thursday last week, and another on Friday. They’ve also had three others since Labour day.
“This is quite concerning for the Fire Department and for the residents who live nearby. We are working with the Codiac RCMP to try and determine if they are all linked, ” Cormier says.
If you have any information on the brush fires in Dieppe, they’re asking that you contact Codiac RCMP or Crimestoppers.
Moncton Fire also responded to a small brush fire last night at around 11pm in the Morton Avenue area, but they say it is not considered to be suspicious.


