Skip to content

Moncton’s Emergency Operations Centre Now At Level 2

The City of Moncton’s emergency operations centre is now functioning at a level 2.

Last week the city was under the level 1 monitoring stage.

Fire Chief Conrad Landry provided an update to city council last night, as many councilors joined by video call.

“This week is a level 2, that’s partially activated. We have a handful of people that are managing and attending on a daily basis upstairs in the E.Olike.C. A level 3,which we aren’t there yet, would be all hands on deck and we would have a full room upstairs,” he says.

The fire department has also take precautions, like making the station off-limit to the public.

“We did reduce our medical calls so we only go to calls requested by the ambulance, which would be serious medical calls,” Landry says.

Landry says reducing the amount of medical calls was essential to protect members and prevent the possible spread from one call to another.

He added assessment centres have also been set up at the George Dumont and the Moncton Hospital.

However, they are only for those with signs and symptoms who have been referred after calling the 811 telecare line.

Conrad added that there are plenty of resources and no need to stockpile, which only feeds into the panic.

He says residents need to continue to try and flatten the curve, by washing out hands and practicing social-distancing.

 

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
8:41 am, May 23, 2026
weather icon 8°C
L: 5° H: 9°
few clouds

What’s Trending