Skip to content

Thousands Fill Moncton Coliseum For Remembrance Day Ceremony

Over three thousand people gathered at the Moncton Coliseum for the annual Remembrance Day ceremony.

Martin Savard says his father Emmett has very rarely missed the ceremony.

“He always marched, as long as he could walk, he can still walk but his distance is very short and you have to hold onto him. The only ceremonies he ever missed is if he was working or just couldn’t make it. Last year they quarantined the vet home so he couldn’t make it,” Martin says.

Emmett is 101 years of age and was a cook for the Royal Canadian Airforce.

“A lot of people got sick,” Emmett joked.

Martin says his father’s sense of humour is what keeps him young.

Emmett served in a number of places before being stationed in Scoudouc before eventually starting a family in Moncton.

He’s been there since and even served as a volunteer firefighter for the city.

Martin says he’s grateful for all those who come out every year to support his father and all other vets.

Martin Savard (left) and his 101 year old veteran father, Emmett Savard (right).

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
1:01 am, May 23, 2026
weather icon 3°C
L: 2° H: 5°
clear sky

What’s Trending