The Greater Moncton Romeo Leblanc International Airport had its second best year on record in 2017.
Over 665, 000 passengers travelled through the aiport last year, that’s an increase of 1.3% over 2016.
The main airlines travelled include Air Canada Express, Porter and WestJet.
The increase was also linked to WestJet adding more flights and seats to Toronto, that amounted to a 6.5% hike year over year.
Sunwing also saw remarkable growth flying out of Moncton, with over 30, 000 passengers in 2016, that’s a 9.6% increase.
Passenger traffic increases in 2017 at Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport, resulting in second-best year on record https://t.co/7aYGGbOQQZ #MonctonYQM #Moncton pic.twitter.com/I5kJg7tOws
— MonctonYQM (@MonctonYQM) January 16, 2018
Corporate Communications Specialist Julie Pondant says, “Obviously each airline monitors what each market needs in terms of travel, and once they see that the load factor is reaching capacity, they will add more seats into that market.”
This year’s growth is the equivalent of 107 full Q400 aircraft, which is the aircraft we see the most at our airport,” said Bernard LeBlanc, President and CEO of the airport.
“As New Brunswick’s busiest airport, we are confident that we will continue to grow and prosper in the face of growing competition and constant industry changes.”
.


