Skip to content

NB Premier Says Post-Action Review Into Ice Storm Planned

Premier Brian Gallant has confirmed that a complete post-action review will be done into last week’s ice storm. From that, a report will be issued with recommendations from Judy Wagner, who is the Clerk of the Executive Council and head of the public service. It will also include reviews done by the New Brunswick Emergency Measures Organization and NB Power.

“This storm was one of the most significant in our province’s history. So all of the people responsible for responding to this crisis, restoring power, and keeping people safe were put to the test. We are very proud of the work that everyone did during this very difficult time. We need, however, to see what worked well and what could be done better next storm,” said Gallant. “With the effects of climate change, there will be more events like this in our country. We must be prepared and we must develop a culture of continuous improvement so that we are better each and every time.”

The report is expected to be issued by July 31st.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
12:42 pm, May 19, 2026
weather icon 21°C
L: 21° H: 22°
broken clouds

What’s Trending