Skip to content

More Cases Of Whooping Cough In Metro Moncton

We now have 52 confirmed cases of Whooping Cough in Southeastern New Brunswick.

Most of the cases are in the Metro Moncton area.

Medical Officer of Health Dr. Yves Leger provided an update today. He says that is an increase of 5 cases from last week.

He says, “The case profile or pattern remains the same as what it has been up to this time. They have not had any confirmed cases of babies or infants infected to this point.”

There also have been no hospitalizations.

Dr. Leger says they have seen an increase in the demand for vaccines, which is good news, and he says they have plenty of vaccines to meet the demand..

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
2:59 am, May 22, 2026
weather icon 2°C
L: 2° H: 2°
clear sky

What’s Trending