Two men are facing attempted murder charges after a serious assault in uptown Saint John over the weekend.
Around 9:40 p.m. Saturday, Saint John Police responded to a stabbing in the area of King Street.
According to a release, officers arrived on scene and found two injured victims.
A 27-year-old male had serious injuries, and a 54-year-old male was also injured.
Both men were taken to hospital. One remains there in stable condition.
At 10:14 p.m., police responded to a residence in east Saint John.
Two men, ages 19 and 44, were also transported to hospital with injuries.
Police determined the injuries were related to the uptown incident.
Police said an earlier report that the 19-year-old was found bleeding was incorrect.
Those men were arrested and charged.
They had been scheduled for bail hearings in Saint John provincial court Tuesday, but the hearings were adjourned after new charges were laid.
In addition to the attempted murder charges, the 44-year-old is now facing two counts of aggravated assault.
The 19-year-old is facing one count of aggravated assault.
Both men remain in custody ahead of bail hearings, now scheduled for Thursday.
Police said the incident was isolated, and that the accused and victims are known to each other.
Investigators are asking anyone who may have seen anything or has photos or video of the incident to come forward.
Anyone with information can contact Saint John Police at 506-648-3333 or leave an anonymous tip through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.


