Skip to content

Fifty Wind Turbines Offline In Albert County

Fifty wind turbines at Sites 1 and 2 of the Kent Hills Wind Farm in Albert County have been taken offline after a tower collapsed earlier this fall.

Calgary-based TransAlta Renewables says an ongoing engineering and safety investigation has uncovered cracks in the foundations of several turbines.

The company estimates replacing a cracked foundation would cost about $2-million and work is expected to get underway next year.

While the wind turbines are offline, TransAlta says it will not be collecting payments from its customer, NB Power.

The company adds there is no indication of any foundation issues at Kent Hills Site 3 which has five turbines still operating.

Based on historical wind production, the company estimates the outage will mean the loss of about $3.7-million per month in potential earnings.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
2:37 am, May 20, 2026
weather icon 9°C
L: 9° H: 9°
few clouds

What’s Trending