Skip to content

Victoria Park Is Now Safer, Resident Says

A Moncton resident of the Victoria Park area says his neighbourhood has become safer in recent weeks.

Derek Slattery brought his concerns about the homeless and illegal drug use to Moncton City Council last month.

Slattery says walking patrols by Codiac RCMP and the community safety officers have increased recently and city workers have been cleaning up the area.

“I’ve heard from business owners, from school principals and many of my neighbours who are saying thank you. But we need a whole lot more of this ramped up for next spring when the weather starts to get better.”

Slattery invited city councillors to go for a walk in the neighbourhood both now – and again next spring when activity will likely increase again.

“This would give you a baseline of what the neighbourhood looks like in a calm period… and then maybe come back in the spring to see what it looks like when people start leaving shelters and all that comes with that.”

Several councillors noted how it was great to hear some good news about progress being made and expressed interest in visiting the neighbourhood.

Author

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
3:33 am, May 20, 2026
weather icon 9°C
L: 9° H: 9°
broken clouds

What’s Trending