Skip to content

Staggered Entry For Anglophone East Schools This Year

Not all students in the Anglophone East School District returned to class today.

This is due to the what they call staggered entry.

On the What’s Happening Podcast, Acting Superintendent Pam Wilson says last year due to COVID-19 they had small groups return from Kindergarten to grade 12 to ensure safety.

This year, Wilson says they decided to stick with it, because schools expressed it really was a positive thing, “I heard really positive feedback from everyone involved. I think that really emphasizes god mental health for our students and adjusting to the well being of our students coming back to school.”

Wilson adds, “Coming back to school and having it a positive experience and having the chance to connect with the teacher in a smaller group. Teachers can go over the routines and expectations and be sure they are familiar with them and they are comfortable with them.”

By next week, all of the students will be integrated together.

Author

  • Tara Clow is a multi-award-winning news anchor and reporter with more than 30 years of experience at radio stations across Canada. She is a graduate of the Radio and TV Arts program at Toronto Metropolitan University and the Humber College radio broadcasting program. She is based in Moncton and covers stories across Canada. Contact Tara at clow.tara@radioabl.ca.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Moncton, NB
8:55 pm, May 18, 2026
weather icon 19°C
L: 16° H: 19°
broken clouds

What’s Trending